Monday, May 21, 2007

Magdeleno on the Beach

Magdeleno on the Beach can also be found sung by Yours on Jeniferever’s album available through www.disrecords.com , where it is known more directly as Magdeleno.


When the gypsy read my palm she traced down some line’s crease as it splintered and divided and then looked me in the eyes. “Your future is a bell curve which is the same as hers and his and hers and if you do not stress it it will not swerve. It will remain but a bell curve with a singular ring, nothing more than a ding. Whereas if you attempt to hold it back blockading its track its timbre won’t crack, just course into a cauldron whose call drones a cacophony of strings.” And so I looked her in her eyes and to her earthen surprise I said, “Yes, yet you sit in this seat and live through others lives then take your pennies to the teller to calculate the size – another seer who’s a eunuch and every eunuch lies! What’s the other option for a bosom that denies?” “I see your point. I understand,” she said still holding my hand. And thus I anointed Lady Jesus with my oils from the sand.

No comments: